Carvin Guitars, Amplifiers & Pro Audio   Please abide by the following rules:
  a. For issues with shipping, repairs or complaints, use the CONTACT page.
  b. No private sales, auctions or advertising services allowed.
  c. No topics of a political or religious nature, profanity, flaming other members or general bad behavior.
Carvin.com    Pro Audio    Guitars/Basses    Guitar Parts    Guitars-in-Stock    Guitar Amps    Bass Amps    Gift Shop
 Carvin Channel   Carvin Museum   FAQ   Search the BBS   Members   Register   Profile   Log in to check your PMs   Log in 
DCM 1000 With No Sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carvin.com BBS Forum Index » Carvin Pro Audio View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jump to Bottom of Page  
DCM 1000 With No Sound
 PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:42 am Reply with quote  
Platinum Member

I have two DCM 1000 amps one for left and one for right channels and their both in bridge mode. The other night one just quit making sound. It won't work in bridge mode or stereo. Everything lights up fan is on yada yada it just makes no sound. Any ideas of what the problem could be would be greatly appreciated as my warranty is over.

I've already checked signals, speakers, & cables it's certainly the amp. I'm already using the other amp in stereo now with all the same gear. I've disconected the bad amp and used all those connections to use the good one in stereo so I am SURE its the amp itself. This isn't the first time its done it but now without the warranty I'm on my own with it this time.

It was not over heated as I have only used about 600 watts at best out of both these amps in bridge mode. They never even have kicked the fans on high which is how easy they have been run. Limiter switch is always been on and never have had any problems out of them with no warnings or signs of this to come it just flat out went silent.

I would really appreciate any and all thoughts of what it could be and things to try. Starting with the fuse, where is it? Do I have to open it up? Seriously I'm a newb at this stuff but with all the gear I have I'm ready to dive in and start learning how to fix my own basic gear problems.

Thank you!!!!!
re: DCM 1000 With No Sound
 PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:22 am Reply with quote  
Gold Member

Try putting a signal to it and see if the green lights light up on the front. If they blink then turn up the signal going in and they should light up steady. This will tell you if the signal is getting into the amp. If not it might be as simple as a bad connection or solder joint at the XLR connector on the back of the amp.
Have you tried using all the different inputs to the amp? xlr and 1/4 inch

If everything lights up its probably not a fuse.

If you open it up BE CAREFULL! The heatsinks on these are hot all the time even when power is off! Those big capacitors in there store a lot of energy a long time after power is off, might not kill you but it will make you mess your pants!
 PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:43 am Reply with quote  
Platinum Member

I will check for signal that way tonight after work. ( great thought by the way) As of now there is nothing comming from the amp outputs. Well that is from ch.1 & bridge outputs, I just got thinking don't remember if I ever even put it in ch2 input since it was in bridge mode when I started.

These amps havn't been moved in over a year now but that is possible being how things are set up around here. My buddy said he heard a very little comming out of it the other night when he cranked it open but then it quit. I hope this is all we'll see. If it is then it's time to start tearing up kids toys around here to practice soldering. I'll let you know how it goes and thank you.
 PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:28 am Reply with quote  
Platinum Member

Well both led's light up but still nothing. bummer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carvin.com BBS Forum Index » Carvin Pro Audio

Page 1 of 1
Top of Page